“New year, new me”
92% of New Year’s resolutions fail!
The reason most New Years resolutions fail is that we have been told that once the new year is here our lives will magically get better starting January 1st.
How does that even work? I mean if it takes a calendar year to change your life, why not change your calendar every day?
Change doesn’t happen when we change a calendar, change happens when WE make change happen.
So here is what you can do to start making your goals work, today!
- Stop waiting for other things to motivate you.
Stop waiting for a future date and stop waiting for other people!
You need to live your life, so don’t let other things slow you down.
If you’re truly serious about making a change, then you need to start right away. Like now 😉
2. Create goals with the end in mind.
If your goal is to lose 20kg, you need to break this down.
- What will it require?
- What am I willing to sacrifice?
- What style of fitness suits me?
- I will start with 3 times a week. After the first month, I will do 4 times a week. Month 3 I will go 5 times a week.
- Ask someone in your friend circle who is fit and healthy what they do and if you can come.
- Google it!
3. Hold yourself accountable!
You need a system in place that will keep you accountable. A great one is to use a punishment that revolves around your goal. When I was in the Navy and out at sea, if we ate dessert, the next day we had to do 50 burpees. We started with 10 burpees and increased as we became fitter.
Put a calendar on your wall and every time you go to the gym, mark off that day with an X. This simple but effective method becomes addictive. Nothing like looking back over the month and seeing 20 green X. That feeling of accomplishment is great.
We hope this helps!